Technology / Applications
Yes, Carpe Diem provides tools for the development and production of nano enabled printed electronics, microfluidics, meta materials and optical devices…however our experience, capability and agility are the heart and soul of the company.
We have an industry-leading set of advanced capabilities*, including:
- Nano Imprint Lithography
- Interferometic Alignment and Inspection
- Spatial Atomic Layer Deposition.
We also have advanced technology in the areas of:
- Contact or Proximity Lithography
- Direct Write (maskless) Lithography
- Ink Jet
- Optical alignment
Our team has decades of experience in the underlying volume production technologies which are and will be powering this new era of products and devices.
Whether the topic is Nano Imprint Lithography (with its roots back to compact disks and holograms), or Atomic Layer Deposition, or many of the technologies with precedents from wafer fabrication or printing, our team has been there. We bring those experiences and insights inventively forward.
We’ve enjoyed solving challenging problems for world- renowned customers and partners such as the University of Massachusetts Amherst. We’ve proudly brought our expertise to unique challenges such as building the brightest LED beacon in the world, which sits atop One World Trade Center in New York City.
More information on roll to roll systems and there processes are linked below.
A review of roll-to-roll nanoimprint lithography. Kooy et al.: A review of roll-to-roll nanoimprint lithography. Nanoscale Research Letters 2014 9:320.
High-Speed Roll-to-Roll Nanoimprint Lithography on Flexible Plastic Substrates. Se Hyun Ahn,L. Jay Guo
|Roll to Roll (R2R) Processing Technology Assessment
|Large-area, continuous roll-to-roll nanoimprinting with PFPE composite molds.
Jacob John, YuYing Tang, Jonathan P Rothstein, James J Watkins and Kenneth R Carter
|A Novel Process for Continuous Thermal Embossing of Large-Area Nanopatterns onto Polymer Films
|Suspended Multiwall Carbon Nanotube-Based Infrared Sensors via Roll-to-Roll Fabrication
Jacob John, Martin Muthee, Maruthi Yogeesh, Sigfrid K. Yngvesson, and Kenneth R. Carter
Recently Issued or Pending Patents:
- INKJET PRINTING FINE STRUCTURES
- SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR REPLICATING SEAMLESS CYLINDRICAL STAMPERS FROM FLAT MASTERS
- SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR FABRICATING MINIATURE STRUCTURES ON A FLEXIBLE SUBSTRATE
- WEB HANDLING SYSTEM AND VACUUM ROLLER FOR USE IN CONJUNCTION THEREWITH
- FLUID BEARING ASSEMBLY
- SYSTEM FOR PRODUCING COLOR TRANSFORMABLE LIGHT
- POINT OF SALE DEACTIVATION TABLET AND METHOD
UNDERWATER IMAGING SYSTEM
- LIGHTING FIXTURE
- SYSTEM FOR MAINTAINING A POLLUTANT CONTROLLED WORKSPACE